Friday, February 28, 2014

Featured laptop: Google Chromebook

You've heard Windows, Mac and even Linux operating system, but you've probably haven't heard of Chrome OS.
Your laptop probably has many applications or programs installed that you never use. 
Think about it: what do you 99% of the time you are using your laptop? Your answer is probably surfing the net.

The Google Chromebook is designed to work online by using Google Drive
What this means is that you save your files on a server accessed through the internet instead of your computer's hard drive. It relies on web-based apps, such as Gmail, Google Docs and the Drive.
Because it frees your laptop's memory, it boosts in seconds, updates itself automatically and de-clutters your portable device.

What makes the Chromebook even more appealing is its price. They sell from $200 - $300.
This operating system is integrated in three different laptop brands:

You get it for less than the price of a tablet, but with many more uses and features.
It is definitely a laptop worth considering buying, especially if your main focus usage is the web.

For an interactive explanation, take a look at this three-minute video:



8 comments:

  1. I had absolutely no idea what the Google Chrome book was before reading this blog and I am happy I know more about it now. I need to get rid of my laptop and the Chromebook sounds like the perfect choice for me. I feel like I have just been persuaded by good marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently had to purchase a new laptop and I noticed a 14" HP version of the Chromebook in store. This model was white with blue accents on the keyboard and a multicoloured logo stamp on the lid. Very interesting software concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, very interesting. I have never heard of the Google Chromebook and it sounds cheap! My sister is currently looking for a laptop, I will definitely mention this one to her, thanks Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally an efficient operating system that is cost-effective. It seems like the Chrome OS will become increasingly more popular as it gains the attention of more notebook suppliers. The only concern I have is the fact that all of the data is saved on a central server. It may pose compatibility issues across other platforms. I am sure they will work out the kinks but I think Google made a step in the right direction. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad has the Google Chrome. The guy who sold it to him said it was just like a Mac without the cost of buying a Mac. That guy was wrong! My dad had so much trouble with the Chrome, I finally got sick of trying to help him and just bought him a Mac. In my opinion, it was money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently been in the market for a new laptop and the HP Chromebook is one I am considering. I'm not looking to use it for word processing and I want something that is reasonably priced, so I think that it's a good option for me. I think your blog topic is great and thank you for the informative posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this informative post. I am in the market for a new laptop and this video was a good help. Your blog has a lot of useful information and has shown me some things I didn't even know were out there..

    ReplyDelete
  8. My interest is definitely piqued! I'm usually such a hardcore Mac girl, but with the amount of Google products I use on a daily basis, this might be a welcome edition! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete